Friday, December 3, 2021

Greek translate of Gospel of Matthew ch. 18: 10-14

 

Matthew 18: 10

Ὁρατε μη καταφρονησητε ἑνος των μικρων τουτων· λεγω γαρ ὑμιν ὁτι οἱ ἀγγελοι αὐτων ἐν οὐρανοις δια παντος βλςπουσι τὸ προσωπον του πατρος μου του ἐν οὐρανοις.

Ὁρατε                          see (present imperative active 2nd person plural of οραω I see)

μη                                not

καταφρονησητε           you despise  (1st aorist subjunctive active 2nd person plural of καταφρονεω                                      I despise)

ἑνος                             one

των                              of the

μικρων                        little ones

τουτων                         of these

λεγω                            I say/tell (present indicative active1st person singular of λεγω  I say)

γαρ                              for

ὑμιν                             to you

ὁτι                                that

οἱ                                 the

ἀγγελοι                        angels

αὐτων                          of them

ἐν                                 in

οὐρανοις                      the heavens

δια                               continually

παντος                         always

βλεπουσι         behold/ see (present indicative active 3rd person plural of βλεπω  I see)

τὸ                                 the

προσωπον                   face

του                               the

πατρος                         father

μου                              of me

του                               the

ἐν                                 in

οὐρανοις                      heaven

See that you do not despise one of these the little ones; for I tell to you that in the heavens angel of them always continually behold the face of my father who is in the heaven.

Matthew 18: 12

τι ὑμιν δοκει; ἐαν γενηται τινι ἀνθρωπω ἑκατον προβατα και πλανηθη ἑν ἐξ αὐτων, οὐχι ἀφησει τα ἐνενηκοντα ἐννεα ἐπι τὰ ὀρη και πορευθεις ζητει το πλανωμενον;

τι                   what

ὑμιν                 you

δοκει           do think (present indicative active 3rd person singular of δοκεω I think)

ἐαν                   if

γενηται         there should be (1st aorist subjunctive middle 3rd person singular of γενομαι  I                                 become)

τινι                to any

ἀνθρωπω         man

ἑκατον              a hundred

προβατα           sheep

και                   and

πλανηθη        has gone astray(1st aorist subjunctive passive 3rd person singular of πλαναω I go astray)

ἑν                     one

ἐξ                     of

αὐτων              them

οὐχι -               not

ἀφησει          he will leave (future indicative active 3rd person  singular  of ἀφιημι  I leave)

τα                     the

ἐνενηκοντα      ninety

ἐννεα               nine

ἐπι                   on

τὰ                     the

ὀρη                  mountain

και                   and

πορευθεις         having gone (1st aorist participle passive nominative masculine singular of                          πορευομαι  I go)

ζητει                seek (present indicative active 3rd person singular of ζητεω  I seek)

το                     the

πλανωμενον    going astray (present participle middle accusative neuter singular of πλαναω I go                           astray)

What do you think? If man should be a hundred sheep and to any one has gone astray of them, will he not leave the ninety nine on the mountain and having gone seek the going astray?

Matthew 18: 13

και ἐαν γενηται εὑρειν αὐτο, ἀμην λεγω ὑμιν ὁτι χαίρει ἐπαὐτῳ μαλλον ἠἐπι τοις ἐνενηκοντα ἐννεα τοις μη πεπλανημενοις.

και                               and

ἐαν                               if

γενηται                        he should (1st aorist subjunctive middle 3rd person singular of γινομαι I                                            become

εὑρειν                          find (1st  aorist infinitive active of εὑρισκω find)

αὐτο                              it

ἀμην                            truly

λεγω                            I say (present indicative active 1st person singular of λεγω  I say

ὑμιν                             to  you

ὁτι                                that

χαίρει                           he rejoices (present indicative active 3rd person singular of χαίρω I rejoice)

ἐπ                              over

αὐτῳ                            it

μαλλον                        more

                                 than

ἐπι                               over

τοις                              the

ἐνενηκοντα                  ninety

ἐννεα                           nine

τοις                              the

μη                                not

πεπλανημενοις            having gone astray (perfect participle middle dative neuter plural of                                                πλαναω– I go astray)

And if should find it, truly I say to you that he rejoices over it more than over the ninety nine the having not gone astray.

Matthew 18: 14

οὑτως οὐκ ἐστιν θελημα ἐμπροσθεν του πατρος ὑμων του ἐν οὐρανοις ἱνα ἀποληται ἑν των μικρων τουτων.

οὑτως              thus

οὐκ                  not

ἐστιν                it is (present singular active 3rd person singular of εἰμι– I am)

θελημα            will

ἐμπροσθεν      of

του                   the

πατρος             father

ὑμων                           you

του                   the

ἐν                     in

οὐρανοις          heaven

ἱνα                   that

ἀποληται          should perish (1st aorist subjunctive middle 3rd person singular of ἀπολλυμι I                                  perish)

ἑν                     one

των                  the

μικρων            little

τουτων             of these

Thus it is not the will of your father in heaven that should perish one the little of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hebrew translation psalms no 121: 1-8 and 128 :1-6 with verb pursing and textual notes

  Psalms 121  Verse 1 `yrI)z>[, aboïy" !yIa;ªme÷ ~yrI+h'h,-la, yn:y[eâ aF'äa, tAlï[]M;ñl;( ryviª Parsing aF'äa, – 1...